Getting my feet wet (until I drown) (thevamplestat) wrote in uw,
Getting my feet wet (until I drown)

Another Question

I'm sure this has been asked before...

I am 20 years old. I get no family assistance for college whatsoever. I asked my mom if she would maybe give me $50 per month for food once I moved out, and she said no. Anyway, she also just got remarried, so I have 2 parental incomes now that figure into my financial "need." While the government likes to think that they are giving me money, they are not.

I want to be considered an independent student so I can get more aid. But the rules as I know them say that I need to be 24, married, or a veteran of the armed forces. I am none of these. I do not want to get married. Is there any way I can maybe have my parents fill out a form or sign something saying that they have officially disowned me so that I can be recognized as someone who receives no outside assistance? I think my ma would be nice enough to disown me for the purposes of my education.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded