hello uw cohorts!
i'm a transfer student who started on wednesday and have a bunch of n00b questions.
- if you bring your lunch, where do you microwave it?
- are there any indoor places to eat where the wireless works? it doesn't seem to work for me in the hub.
- are these larouche weirdos there all the time, or do they just show up to torment the new fall people?
- there are lots of lovely looking libraries. which is your favorite for quiet studying?
- is there any place to read reviews of the various food on campus other than yelp
? i'm assuming most of it is mediocre but only some of the places are reviewed there. (if it's relevant, i'm vegetarian.)
- will the math lab and/or CLUE check if you're enrolled before offering assistance? i'm hoping to brush up on trigonometry but i'm not currently enrolled at a math class at uw.
- any other random things you wish you'd known but didn't?
i have no friends! just kidding. but i do have very few on campus. so i'm interested in making new ones, especially people in informatics/HCDE/computer science related stuff. i'm 30 so it'd be esp. cool to kick it w/older people but i do like the youngfolk too.
also, if any of you use twitter, i recently started a separate twitter account for uw-related things. it's twitter.com/xaoticauw
. i plan on posting anything that seems useful to other people on campus and/or amusing.
i figure anyone who has a nerdphone already knows about the m.UW iphone app
and the http://m.uw.edu/
mobile site... but just in case not, i'm finding those useful :) having my phone number show up in the directory is a little weird, but i'm not very worried about my own privacy and it'll probably come in handy someday.