March 17th, 2007


Hey guys!

I'm a political science student so I have no clue how likely this is (thus the post, of course). I have recently become interested in keeping tropical fish at home, and long story short I have some crazy algae problems and in order to best control it I need to verify what it is. I would rather not pay hundreds of dollars for a microscope, and wonder if something like the biology-minded departments either loan out or have open labs where I could bring samples and get a look at what I have, bearing in mind I'm not a student in anything near their field of study? There is also an element of this urge that is simply me wanting to look at cool stuff under magnification, so I don't want to hassle anyone who has more important work to do...

Any help is much appreciated by myself and my suffocating plants!
  • Current Mood
    curious curious