October 10th, 2005

negative sky chase

Tuition info.

I got volunteered to go help out Student Fiscal Services this Friday. They emailed me a FAQ and I see no reason to not post it here, possibly saving y'all a trip:


Tuition, Your Tuition Statement and Paying

Where can I find information on tuition rates?
Tuition rates are based on your classification as undergraduate, graduate, or professional student in addition to your residency classification. Rates are found at: http://www.washington.edu/students/sfs/sao/tuition/rates.html

How do I get my tuition bill?
You will receive an email that contains a link to your electronic bill which serves as your official statement. You can choose up to two additional recipients to receive the electronic bill. Their email addresses can be added through your MyUW account using the ‘Tuition Statement’ link under Personal Services. No paper bills are sent.

How do I/ my parents pay my tuition account?
1. How do I pay online with web check?
You or your parents can pay by using a Web Check online through MyUW. This is a free service that only requires the user to provide their bank account information.

2. How do I pay by check?
a. Mail check to: University of Washington, P.O. Box 3981, Seattle, WA 98124-3981.
b. Drop it in the payment slot by the north entrance to Schmitz Hall.
c. Deliver the check to 129 Schmitz Hall between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

3. How do I/parents/spouse pay by credit card?
This feature is available only on the Web through MyUW. A $40 convenience fee is charged for tuition balances of $150 and over and $4 for fee balances under $150. You pay the convenience fee each time you make a payment.
For more information, go to: www.washington.edu/students/sfs/sao/tuition/ccindex.html.
At the bottom of the page are separate links for students and parents.

Can my parents or spouse get information about my tuition account?
You are required to give permission online through the tuition statement page on MyUW before student fiscal information can be given to third parties such as parents. You can authorize up to two additional recipients of the electronic bill and an additional four names to call Student Fiscal Services for information.

Additional Fees

Does it cost anything to drop a class or withdraw from all of my classes?
You have through the 7th calendar day of each quarter to make changes to your schedule without incurring any financial penalty. You can still add/drop/withdraw after the 7th calendar day; however you will be assessed a $20 late change fee and a possible tuition forfeiture charge. For more information please read: http://washington.edu/students/sfs/sao/tuition/withdraw.html

What if I don’t want my U-Pass?
Return it by the tuition due date and the charge will be removed from your account. If the sticker has been lost or not received, fill out and submit a U-Pass petition to Student Fiscal Services by the tuition due date explaining the circumstances.

How do I sign up for Student Health Insurance?
You may select insurance coverage on MyUW when you register for the quarter. You may change or cancel insurance up to the end of the 1st week of the quarter through MyUW. No changes may be made after the 1st week (7th calendar day) and you are obligated to pay for the insurance coverage you have chosen. The due date for insurance is the same as the tuition due date (third Friday of the quarter). If you choose to purchase coverage on a Per-Academic Quarter basis, you must be registered for the quarter for which it is purchased (e.g., if you are not going to attend Summer Quarter, sign up at Spring Quarter for the "annual" coverage plan to cover you for Spring and Summer Quarters). Graduate students who have TA/RA/SA appointments may be eligible for an insurance plan provided by the University.


As for answering any questions of the above, I probably won't be able to help you, as I work in Payroll and not SFS, but I'll give it a shot.
  • Current Music
    "In Limbo" ~ Radiohead
fleur de lys


Ok, I'm a bit computer-stupid.. so, I thought I'd ask here:

I want to put some links into an email so that my FIG students can open this page ( a document) and view it, and click it's hyperlinks from there. My problem is that I don't know at all how to create an active link in the body of an email? Little help? I'm guessing it takes some HTML?
-- I wanted to attach the doc. to the email and have them open it from there, but somehow I can't manage to save it on my computer, bah. The only thing I can do is "save page as" and thats just not quite working..

if you're wondering, the link I'm working with is this one-- http://depts.washington.edu/figs/Training/ArtsExcursions.doc

I've got a few more that I want to link, but I'm assuming that they'll all follow the same process

.. and sorry if I could have found this info somewhere else.. but any help is much appreciated

*edit* Ok, so it might be working now, with some massive trial and error, but please feel free to leave a note if you have any tips hah. I'll need them
[me] edinburgh sunrise

gilmore girls?

I realize this is kind of a long shot, but:

Does anyone have seasons four and five of Gilmore Girls on DVD that my roommate and I might be able to borrow? We're trying to get into the current season but I'm way behind and need to be caught up. I realize that I can get them from the library, but the wait list is horrendous. We're not DVD thieves, we'll give you something important in return, like, um... something. To hold hostage.

Or is there anywhere else we might be able to get the DVDs?
  • Current Mood
    blah blah