February 15th — Seattle, WA
Offbeat Bride Reading and author Q&A
WHEN: Thursday February 15th, 6pm
WHERE: Barnes & Noble, University Village
2675 NE University Village Street, Seattle, WA 98105, tel: 206-517-4107
More info after the cut...
A wedding memoir crossed with a tipster handbook, Offbeat Bride offers inspiration, encouragement, advice, and a celebration of aisles less traveled. The author humorously recounts planning her “freakfest” wedding, and shares anecdotes and advice from dozens of nontraditional brides from across the United States. Presented in 47 quick chapters, ranging from “The Pressure and the Proposal” all the way to “A Rose by Any Other (Last) Name,” Offbeat Bride is filled with sanity-saving tips, advice, and stories to reassure even the most out-there, nontraditional bride that she’s downright normal.
The book answers key questions like:
* Which is worse: drunks or stoners at your wedding?
* Can you propose with a wedding lighter instead of a ring?
* What music should you play at your reception when you're totally emo and like tunes about death?
* As a DJ, what one song should you never ever play at a wedding?
* Who's the most likely to get laid at a wedding? Hint: not the newlyweds.